Best Faucet Water Filter – Green Building Elements 2022
When it comes to drinking the best water, sometimes you can’t even trust the faucet in your own home.
There have been plenty of cases where the water in your hometown has been contaminated. How can you be sure the water you are drinking from the faucet is completely clean?
The answer is simple: buy a good quality water filtration system. The best water filters will remove all kinds of contaminants that may be present in the local water supply.
You don’t want to drink any kind of water that could make you sick or cause health problems.
If you live in an area with bad tap water, it is very important that you invest in a high-quality water filter for your home.
There are many different types of water filters on the market today.
Some people prefer the simplicity of a gravity-fed filter while others like the convenience and ease of use offered by a pump-driven unit.
Each type offers its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
This first filtration system will remove over 99% of contaminants from your water supply, giving you peace of mind when it comes to having water from your very own home.
If you are looking for a simple way to get rid of impurities in your water without spending too much money, this is the perfect solution.
It features a large-capacity cartridge that will last for years.
This model also includes a built-in shutoff valve so you won’t need to worry about running out of replacement cartridges.
In addition to removing chlorine and other harmful chemicals, this filter will also remove lead and heavy metals such as mercury and cadmium.
It is easy to install and operate. Simply attach the filter to the spout using the included mounting bracket.
Once installed, you simply turn on the tap and let the water flow through the filter.
When the tank runs low, just replace the filter cartridge.
You can do this easily by unscrewing the top cap and pulling off the old cartridge. Then, screw on the new one and tighten the top cap.
This is one of the easiest filters that you can use.
It has been tested and proven to remove up to 70 contaminants, which is great if you are looking for that complete and comprehensive removal of all dirt and other objects.
This will give you cleaner and fresher drinking water than you can possibly imagine.
You’ll be able to notice the difference between regular water and water filtered through this device instantly.
- Removes 70 contaminants – If you want to be sure that your water is clean, then we would certainly suggest that you use this one.
- Easy installation – This is one of the most straightforward models available. All you need to do is attach the filter to the faucet spout using the supplied mounting bracket.
- Great filtration – with a clip-on filter that is easy to install on pretty much any faucet, this is great for use in most family homes. It will give you peace of mind that your family and even pets are drinking pure water.
- Carbon filter – this can easily filter over 100 gallons of water, which is great if you are a house that likes to hydrate often. You shouldn’t have to replace your carbon filter until at least 2-3 months.
- Not suitable for hard water areas – While this product does work well for most households, it may not be ideal for those who live in areas where there is a lot of hardness in their water.
This next water filtration system will give you upwards of 300 gallons of clean water, which is great if you are going to be pouring water for a larger family.
This has an absorption capacity 10 to 12 times larger than an ordinary filtration brand.
Because of the design of the faucet, more contaminants like iron and carbon will be better removed from larger capacities of water.
You can switch between regular tap water and pure water with a simple flick of the solid switch that comes with this filtration system.
This will be great if you don’t want to waste filtered water on everyday household chores like cleaning the windows or washing the car.
The only downside to this model is that it doesn’t come with a storage container. So, you’d need to buy one separately.
However, this is still a good choice because it’s affordable and effective.
- 300 gallons of water – With this model, you can get plenty of clean water, which is great if you have a larger family or you are hosting a gathering where you want to provide lots of clean drinking water to plenty of people.
- Filter replacement indicator – The solid switch makes it easier to know when it’s time to change out the filter. This is great if you are looking to use your faucet for both drinking water and everyday use.
- No chemicals needed – There are no chemicals required to make this filtration system work. In fact, it works so well without them that some manufacturers recommend using this model instead of other types of filters.
- Easy-To-use – This is one of the easiest filters to install and use, which makes it a great model for anyone who wants to shy away from doing anything that approaches amateur plumbing.
- No storage container included – Like the previous model, this one also doesn’t include a storage container. If you’re planning on storing your filtered water in a refrigerator or freezer, then you’ll need to purchase one separately.
- Harder to find parts – Some users have reported having difficulty finding replacement parts for this model. If you do happen to run into trouble, then you might end up needing to pay someone else to fix it.
This will remove around 99% of lead from your water, resulting in a very clear and nourishing drink.
If you are worried that drinking your tap water will aggravate certain conditions that you have, then this is a great filtration system for you to invest in.
It’s easy to install and use, making it perfect for anyone who isn’t comfortable messing with pipes and valves. It’s also easy to maintain, as all you need to do is replace the cartridge every six months.
This comes with an orange indicator, which will tell you when the filter needs changing. This is great if you are looking for something that is easy to clean and will basically maintain itself.
The company boasts that you will only need to change the filter on this faucet 3 times a year, which is perfect if you want a product that is relatively maintenance-free.
- Removes lead – This model removes most of the lead from your water, meaning that you won’t have to worry about getting sick from consuming too much of it.
- Simple installation – This is one of those models that require little more than plugging it in and waiting for it to start working. You don’t even need any special tools to install it.
- Low cost – This is one of the cheapest models available. This is great for anyone who wants to save money and still have the luxury of getting purified water straight from their tap.
- NSF-Certified – this is great if you want to remove substances like lead and asbestos from your water system before it reaches your glass. You can rely on this model to give you 100% contaminant-free water.
- Not enough storage space – Unlike the previous model, this version doesn’t come with a storage container. So, if you plan on storing your filtered water, then you’ll need another device to store it in.
- Not suitable for people with hard water – This model does not remove calcium and magnesium from your water, which means that it may cause problems for people who live in areas where there is hard water.
This next water filter mount is one that is easy to install on your faucet and gives you everything that you’ll need for a completely pure glass of H2O.
This will come with great drinking water. Some users have said that they can visibly see the difference in the quality of their household water once they have installed this filter.
This will clip onto your faucet very quickly, which makes it very handy for anyone who might not have completed an apprenticeship in plumbing.
This is an extremely affordable unit, which means that if you do not want to spend that much money on a faucet, then this is perfect.
However, think of all the money that you’ll be saving on mineral water if you do.
You can easily clean this filter by just using warm soapy water. This is great if cleaning is something that you struggle with, but you also want a product that is super easy to use.
If you’re going to be installing this filter on multiple taps throughout your home, then you should consider buying some extra units.
That way, you can make sure that you always have fresh water to drink no matter where you are in your house.
- Easy to use – This is one of our favorite features. Most of us would rather not have to deal with cleaning filters, especially when we are trying to relax after a long day at work or school. But, with this model, you can simply use warm soapy water to wash it off.
- Easy to install – We love how simple this model is to install. All you really need to do is unscrew the old filter and screw in the new one.
- NSF Certified – This is a great feature because it ensures that your water is free of contaminants. If you are concerned about lead and other harmful chemicals in your water, then you should definitely look into purchasing this model.
- Removes chlorine and iron – some parts of the country have high levels of chlorine in the water supply. You can simply filter this out using this system, as it is specially designed to deal with it.
- Doesn’t last as long as others – While this model has been around for a while, its design hasn’t changed too much. It still works well, but it won’t last as long as newer models.
- Doesn’t filter out fluoride – The Culligan FM-25 does not filter out fluoride, which means that you will still get a little bit of it in your water.
This next water filter comes with the ability to filter up to 8 cups of water per minute.
This is great if you want to get plenty of pure, filtered water out to a party of people very quickly. It’s also great if you fancy washing the car in filtered water too!
This can be fitted on to pretty much any faucet, which makes it one of the most adaptable models on the market.
The filter itself will need to be changed every 6 months, which is a very impressive length of time when you compare it with other models on the list.
The filter is NSF certified, which means that it removes bacteria from the water.
It also removes many types of contaminants such as lead, arsenic, mercury, nitrate, chloramine, copper, cadmium, zinc, nickel, chromium, manganese, ammonia, radon, and even some pesticides.
It doesn’t remove fluoride, though, so if you live somewhere with high levels of fluoride in the water, then this isn’t the best option for you.
- Filters up to 8 cups of liquid per minute – This is a great value for money product. With this model, you can quickly fill up a large container with filtered water without having to wait for it to finish filtering.
- Easy to install – Although this model is fairly easy to fit, there is a slight learning curve to getting it installed correctly. Once you’ve done it a few times, then it will become easy for even the most novice user.
- NSF certified – This is another reason why we like this model. It means that it is safe to drink, and it is also safe to put in the dishwasher.
- Durable – this is one of the most durable models that we have on this list. Not only will it be able to withstand a lot of wear and tear, but you’ll only have to change the filter a few times a year.
- Not suitable for hard water areas – As mentioned above, this model doesn’t filter out fluoride, which is something that you may or may not have in your area.
- Not ideal for cooking – Some users have reported that they don’t feel comfortable using this unit for cooking purposes.
This next water filter will remove a lot of the dust, debris and microscopic contaminants that can ruin the quality of your water.
This will get rid of asbestos, mercury and chlorine, all of which can be found in trace amounts in most water supplies.
It also filters out lead and other heavy metals, making sure that you’re drinking clean, healthy water at all times.
This model is fairly cheap, coming at a one-off price that requires absolutely no extra installation fee. This is easy to set up, all you have to do is follow the instructions in the manual.
This comes with a protective casing that you can use to secure the main body of the filter itself.
This protection can help preserve the functionality and overall longevity of your filter. This means it will need to be changed a lot less frequently.
You can easily attach an aerator to this model, which helps to improve the flow rate of the water.
One of the biggest benefits of this particular model is its durability. You won’t have to worry about replacing the filter too often, because it’s built to last.
The downside of this model is that it does require a bit more maintenance than others.
For example, you will need to replace the carbon every 6 months, and the cartridge needs to be replaced every 3 years.
The upside is that this can be attached to almost any faucet.
This is good if you ever want to move house or if you have more than one faucet in your house that you want to attach a filter to.
- Removes metal contamination from water – if you are worried that your local water supply has become contaminated, then this is a great filter to have, as it is designed to get rid of harsher elements such as iron and calcium.
- Filters out chlorine, lead and other harmful chemicals – this is another reason why you might want to get this filtration system. It is designed to reduce the number of harmful materials and even more microscopic chemicals then get into the water here.
- Can be used on multiple faucets – this is a great unit that can be adapted to almost any kitchen faucet. If you are planning on moving house and want to take your filter with you, then this is a great choice.
- Durable – this is a very durable product, so you shouldn’t have to worry about having to change it too often.
- Requires regular cleaning – while it is quite easy to clean, there are some parts that are harder to reach. The carbon filter needs to be cleaned regularly, but you should only need to do this once every six months.
If you want to ensure that your household drinking water contains no harmful materials or chemicals, then getting a water filter will be the first thing you’ll want to buy.
However, there are a few things that you’ll definitely want to consider when you are purchasing one of these units:
How Much Water Does It Filter?
The amount of water that your filter removes depends on how much time you leave it running.
Most people find that they don’t need to run their filter for long periods of time. In fact, most people will find that they can just leave it on overnight.
What Type Of Filtering Do You Need?
There are two different types of filters available on the market today. These are:
This type of filtration uses activated charcoal to remove contaminants from the water.
Although it is not as effective at removing heavy metals as reverse osmosis (RO) systems, it is still highly recommended by many experts.
Reverse Osmosis (RO)
This type of filtering system works by using pressure to force water through membranes.
As a result, it is able to remove all of the impurities found in water, including heavy metals, bacteria, viruses and chemical pollutants.
Which Type Is Right For you?
This really comes down to personal preference. Some people like the idea of being able to use tap water straight from the source, whereas others prefer to use bottled water.
If you are looking for something that is going to remove all of the harmful substances from your water, then RO is probably the best option for you.
On the other hand, if you are happy to drink water that does contain some small amounts of impurities, then carbon filtration may suit you better.
How Much Does A Water Faucet Filter Cost?
Prices vary depending on what brand you choose, so make sure you check out our reviews before making your decision.
The bulkier and more durable your water filter, then the more money you’ll likely be having to front.
One of the great benefits of these faucet filters is that they don’t require a professional to install them.
You should also think about how much water you’re going to filter before you pick up your faucet attachment.
You’ll most likely want to buy a smaller, cheaper filter for everyday use, however, if you have a large household, then we would recommend going with something bigger than might cost you more.
Always check to see how many gallons of water your faucet filter can filter before you purchase it.
How Many Contaminants Can It Filter?
Most models of faucet filters can remove chlorine, lead, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, nitrate, fluoride and various other toxins.
This means that they can help protect your family against diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
However, even though they can remove these toxins, they cannot guarantee that they can completely eliminate them.
Is It Safe To Use With Your Tap Water?
Many people worry about whether or not they can safely use filtered water after buying a faucet filter.
However, there is no reason why you shouldn’t be safe using filtered water.
The main thing to remember here is that when you are drinking filtered water, you are only consuming the purest form of water.
If you want to ensure that you are getting the maximum amount of nutrients from your water, then you need to go with an ultra-pure water filter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types Of Contaminants Do Faucet Filters Remove?
Most faucet filters will remove chlorine, lead, mercury, arsenic, cadmium, fluoride, nitrates, etc.
How Often Should I Replace My Faucet Filter?
We recommend replacing your faucet filter every 6 months.
Do I need to change my faucet filter regularly?
Yes, you should always keep changing your faucet filter.
Are faucet filters easy to install?
Yes, although you may need a little bit of patience when installing one, as they require a little bit of concentration.
However, most faucet filters should simply clip onto your faucet with ease without the need for any extra adaptors.
Is it possible to get contaminated water through a faucet filter? Should I still use one?
No, it is very unlikely that you could get contaminated water through a filter. A water faucet filter is one of the best ways to make sure that your home water is as clean as possible.
Will my faucet filter work in cold temperatures?
Some faucet filters can actually work in colder climates.
However, some manufacturers claim that their faucet filters should only be used in warm weather, so make sure you check the product description before buying.
What is the difference between a faucet filter and a pitcher filter?
Faucet filters come in different sizes, shapes and designs. They usually attach directly to your kitchen sink faucet, whereas pitchers generally sit on top of your sink.
What makes a good quality faucet filter? Does it matter what type of filter I choose?
The quality of a faucet filter depends on the manufacturer. Make sure that you look at the reviews online to find out which brands have been recommended by others.
Can I buy a faucet filter online?
You can certainly buy a faucet filter online. There are many websites where you can purchase faucet filters. Just make sure that you read the review before purchasing.
Our Final Say
We hope that our guide to the best kitchen faucet filters has helped you to identify which type will be the best for your home.
Remember: don’t be afraid to shop around, as this will certainly make all the difference in delivering clean, fresh drinking water into your family home.